Engineered Finishing Systems, the experts in Paint and Porcelain Finishing, is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of custom Fluidized Bed Coating Systems that fit your specific finishing needs.
We can provide you with a fluidized bed coating system where heated parts are either dipped directly into a container of fluidized powder or passed through and electrically charged cloud of powder, which is created above a container of fluidized powder. Our design utilizes a “stacked equipment” approach, which requires a minimum footprint by making use of the airspace above the equipment mounted on the factory floor.
Our fluidized bed systems utilize innovative energy conservation features, some of which are:
- The washer spray tunnel is elevated with bottom entry and exit seals designed to retain heat and vapor, which also allows the washer exhaust rate to be significantly reduced.
- The preheat and post-heat ovens also have bottom entry and exit seals designed to retain heat.
- High temperature, 1000°F+ rated ceramic insulation is used to insulate the ovens and to retain heat.
- The post-heat oven utilizes waste heat exhausted from the washer and preheat oven, thus saving gas. For many installations, the post-heat oven burner can remain turned off during normal operation.
- The system’s pumps and blowers are equipped with premium efficiency motors to reduce electricity consumption.
- Counter-flowing techniques have been employed in the washer design, thus reducing water consumption by up to 50%, and reducing chemical consumption and subsequent waste treatment costs.
Our fluidized bed systems are also equipped with labor reduction features, some of which are:
- Automatic part motion equipment to move the parts in the fluidized bed, eliminating the need for an attendant to do so.
- Automatic powder level sensing and powder feed for the fluidized bed, eliminating the need for an attendant and ensuring tighter quality control.
- The system design minimizes heat escape into the factory, thus improving working conditions for employees.
Fluidized Bed Coating Systems BrochureCompany Capabilities BrochureProject Quote Form